Eating Disorders and Dissociative Identity Disorder
Mark your calendars for our Fall Lucky Lab Continuing Education Night!
We are excited to have our very own
**Julie Westlin-Naigus, MA, LPC
Please note we will be holding this Lucky Lab at the NW Quimby Lucky Lab location (as opposed to the SE Hawthorne location).
September 5, 2019, 6-8:30 pm
Networking 6-7 pm
Presentation 7-8 pm
with Q&A afterward
Lucky Lab Brew Pub (NW Quimby location)
1945 NW Quimby St.
Portland, OR 97209
- Learn the symptoms, causes and types of dissociation.
- Learn effective approaches to working with dissociation.
- Understand the relationship dissociation has with Eating Disorders.
- Understand common misconceptions about dissociation and how to repair them.
- Learn how to asses and provide psychoeducation to clients around dissociation.
- Learn how to track and identify when a client is dissociating in sessions.
About the Presenter:
Julie Westlin-Naigus (she/her/hers) is a licensed professional counselor who received her M.A. in Professional Mental Health Counseling with an emphasis and certificate in Eating Disorders from Lewis & Clark College. Julie specializes in Health at Every Size®, Intuitive Eating, yoga therapy, trauma processing, and Body-Mind Centering®. Julie is currently working on her Level 2 training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy which is a therapeutic technique that draws from somatic therapies, neuroscience, attachment theory, and cognitive approaches, as well as from the Hakomi Method. Julie has been exploring and researching the connection between dissociation and eating disorders for the last 2 and a half years. Julie’s knowledge draws from the Structural Dissociation model, Janina Fisher, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Bessel Van Der Kolk and Internal Family Systems. Julie has a private practice at Be Nourished in Portland, OR and is the creator and teacher of Yoga for Bigger Bodies.
This is a free event and 1 CE will be provided. Please invite your co-workers and colleagues!