Type 2 Diabetes and Eating Disorders/Disordered Eating
Mark your calendars for our Spring Lucky Lab Continuing Education Night!
We are excited to have our very own
**Dr. DeAun Nelson, ND, LMT
Please note we will be holding this Lucky Lab at the NW Quimby Lucky Lab location (as opposed to the SE Hawthorne location).
June 6, 2019, 6-8:30 pm
Networking 6-7 pm
Presentation 7-8 pm
with Q&A afterward
Lucky Lab Brew Pub (NW Quimby location)
1945 NW Quimby St.
Portland, OR 97209
1. Understand how type 2 diabetes (T2DM) works.
2. Learn how different eating disorders seem to contribute to blood glucose dysregulation and T2DM.
3. Understand why restricting carbohydrates does not help and why it can futher hurt those with eating disorders.
4. Learn how to talk to patients about monitoring glucose levels.
5. Learn how to talk to patients about having T2DM, or about being afraid to get tested because they are afraid of having it.
6. Learn about medications that support glucose and insulin regulation in T2DM.
About the Presenter:
DeAun Nelson, ND, LMT graduated with an undergraduate degree in Liberal Arts from Austin College in Sherman, Texas and with a Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from National University of Natural Medicine (formerly National College of Natural Medicine). She also has 15+ years of experience in massage therapy. Dr. Nelson is currently a provider at Watershed Wellness where she practices from a Health at Every Size approach. Dr. Nelson co-created a podcast in 2017 to help educate medical providers and patients about Health at Every Size and weight independent health care called Do No Harm Podcast.
This is a free event and 1 CE will be provided. Please invite your co-workers and colleagues!